GentleLase Pro ®
GentleLASE Pro® from Syneron-Candela, USA is the newest premier laser for removing hair, pigmented lesions and wrinkles. Our clinic is the first in Indonesia who can offer you this advanced technology in laser products. GentleLASE Pro® treats all skin types quickly, comfortably and effectively, and with its DCDTM (Dynamic Cooling Device), it’s virtually painless.
Lasers have been used for many years for a variety of medical cosmetic procedures including treatment of facial and leg veins, age spots and rejuvenating the skin on the face. GentleLASE Pro Laser comes with a patented Dynamic Cooling Device, which gives the skin a short spray of cryogen milliseconds before the laser pulse. This dramatically improves the clients comfort and renders the hair removal treatment almost painless. Many clients have likened the treatment to the feeling of having an elastic band snapped against the skin.
What can it be used?
GentleLASE Pro® System is effective for treatment of :
- Hair removal
- Pigmentation spot like freckles, age spot
- Sun-damaged skin
- Leg veins
- Facial veins
- Fine lines
How does it works?
The GentleLASE Pro System, a revolutionary long-pulse high energy alexandrite laser emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where it is absorbed. The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. The skin is further protected during treatment by a DCD where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin cooling the upper layers and providing patients with increased comfort. The GentleLASE Pro selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
Laser pigmentation removal works by using an intense burst of light to target the pigmented lesions causing the selective healing of the upper dermis. The pigment can be precisely targeted without causing any damage to surrounding tissue or overlying dermis. After each laser treatment, a gentle wound healing response leads to new collagen formation and a clinical improvement to the treated area over time. The pigmentation/sun spot will gradually lighten and fade, slowly disappearing. Initially the treated area may seem darker and flaking is common.
What happens during the treatment?
Depending on the amount of hair treated. The procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally the treatment will include:
- Wearing safely eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A small handpiece will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment. Your full treatment may be done on the same day or up to two weeks later depending on the skin reaction.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device.
- The degree of discomfort varies with each person depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this with your practitioner in advance of the laser treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color, hair color and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 4-6 treatments as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle. Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.
We also recommend microdermabrasion treatments inbetween each laser treatment for pigmentation removal in order to keep the treated area in the best possible condition. This will help in achieving the most effective results.
What to expect from the treatment?
No laser can claim to have achieved “permanent hair removal”, but medical grade lasers can achieve permanent hair “reduction” with approximately a 70% – 90% reduction in hair growth. These results are dependent on the individual and can be influenced by such things as skin type, hair color, and hormones
Most clients report a 70% or greater improvement over the duration of their course of treatments for pigmentation removal. Superficial pigment (i.e. sun spots freckles etc.) are the easiest to treat. A satisfactory result is usually seen within 2- 4 treatments. Pigment that is deep or dermal can take up to 6 treatments or more and a strict skin care regime must be followed. Superficial pigment that is treated is unlikely to reappear if the area is protected at all times from UV exposure. Dermal pigment can arise at any time due to hormone changes, medications, medical conditions etc.
What should I be aware of after the treatment?
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7 days. Wear a good quality sunscreen with 30 SPF or above.
- Avoid wearing full face make up for 24 hours for face treatment.
- Do not wear any cream that contains Alpha-Hydroxy Acid/Glycolic Acid, Tretinoin acid or AHA for 3 days.
- Do also not use any form of tanning throughout your treatment, including tanning sprays or lotions.
- Do not peel off “flaky” pigmentation spots as they darken and become dried over time. Allow them to fall off naturally
- Hair will start to shed at around 2 weeks post treatment. No tweezing, plucking or waxing. You may shave or use washcloth to exfoliate the hairs.
- Apply cool compress post treatment for comfort.
- Redness may last 2-5 hours up to several days.
- There may be a swelling or itching after treatment. Topical hydrocortisone or Benadryl can be used. Oral antihistamine can also be used.