Mesotheraphy Fat Reduction
Over 90% of women have some degree of cellulite and even some men too. It usually appears between the ages of 25-35 and worsens over time. Mesotherapy can help to remove those fats. Mesotherapy is different from liposuction, however it has a benefit compared to liposuction since liposuction can’t eliminate cellulite and sometimes make it even more prominent. Mesotherapy is far more safe, relatively painless, causes virtually no scarring and no hospitalization, no general anaesthesia nor downtime, you can just do the procedure and go home after that. The reviews in the U.S. are outstanding, though controversial, as many doctors firmly believe that cosmetic surgery is the better option.
Mesotherapy works by modifying the makeup of fat cells and by blocking the signals that tell our bodies to store fat. This simultaneously triggers the release of stored fat in the areas treated. Vitamins and amino acids are used to tighten sagging skin while other agents are used to remove areas of fat, restoring a more youthful and more toned appearance to the body's contours.
What is it for?
Mesotherapy can be used for :
- Eliminate cellulite and stretch mark
- Diminished undesired fat pockets
Is there any side effect?
A common side effect of mesotherapy is bruising, which generally resolves over one week. To speed up the healing process, we recommend that the homeopathic supplement arnica be taken either orally or applied topically on a daily basis. Patients may experience temporary soreness. This will subside within 24-48 hours.
What happens during the treatment?
Prior to a mesotherapy session, the doctor will identify and mapping the area to be treated. Once the area is mapped, the site is cleansed with alcohol, and the patient placed on the treatment table before micro-injections are given. Usually ice pack would be sufficient, however, we can provide a topical anesthetic that makes treatment virtually painless. Results vary depending on your body type and the condition being treated.
How long will it last?
The results do last, especially when combined with exercise and proper nutrition. However, we cannot stop the natural aging that affects your appearance. For this reason, we recommend regular maintenance visits. On average, you will need about 3 to 5 treatments at intervals of 1 week. Depending on the problem area, the number of procedures could increase.
What should I be aware of after the treatment?
- Do not take anti-inflammatories (Aspirin, Ponstan, Mortin, Nurofen etc.) and Vitamin E for 24 hours post-treatment. General painkillers (Tylenol, Paracetamol, etc.) are acceptable if necessary.
- Arnica cream or gel may be applied to the treated areas immediately after the procedure and should be applied 3 times a day for 2-3 days following the treatment. Do not use any other creams or lotions for 24 hours post treatment.
- You can resume regular physical activities. Daily exercise and diet high in fiber and protein and low in carbohydrates is encouraged.
- Massage the treated areas several times daily for several minutes for 2 weeks following treatment. This will help the process of fat elimination.
- Drink plenty of water on the day of your treatment